Next Steam Training Weekend will be in 2017 – date to be confirmed.
PHOTOS FROM PREVIOUS STEAM TRAINING WEEKENDS
Considering coming next year? Then note that trainees need to start gaining experience throughout the year with operating steam equipment. Our organization is heavily geared towards educating the team to safely operate the steam and heritage equipment on site
An opportunity for accredited training in the operation of steam machinery – with a Krauss Steam Loco as well as various steam machines. And since 2014, a Marshall Instructional Engine
SECTION 12 – ASSESSMENTS FOR INTERSTATE RESIDENTS
- The RTO/assessor must request approval from WS prior to enrolling any person who is not a permanent resident of Tasmania. This approval should be in writing providing the applicants names, dates of birth and residential addresses along with the reason for the assessment.
- If approval is given and the applicant is found competent, the RTO/assessor needs to ensure that the applicant submits his/her application for a high risk licence to Service Tasmania before leaving the State.
- If for some reason it is not possible for the applicant to attend Service Tasmania, further approval from WS will be required to allow the applicant to obtain their high risk licence.
We do ask that people have at least about 50 hours experience on engines before sitting their tickets
If you were unable to attend in 2016 but want information about a future training weekend, or wish to register your interest, please email Chris Martin
If you are enrolling for the course, please download and study the following documents. Note that some files are in .pdf format, if you do not have Adobe Reader download it.
- 2016 letter – PLEASE READ IT!
- Boiler Study Guide
- Basic Boiler Answers
- Compound Engines
- Managing the Risks of Plant in the WorkPlace
- Fowler Explodes.jpg
- Boiler Training Package
- Training LogBook
- General Operating Procedure for Road Steam Engines(1.5MB file)
- Basic Boiler Operation
- Reciprocating Steam Engine
- Study Notes
- Krauss Readings
- Krauss Light up & Stabling Procedure
- RCSHS Driver Training Workbook
- Redwater Creek Steam Locomotive Practical Assessment
Our Assessor requests that these be completed prior to the training weekend. They are left here so that you may see what is expected of you should you decide to be involved in the next training weekend.