Volunteers are always needed when the train runs on the first full weekend of each month, during the special January running and , of course, at SteamFest. But we also need people during the year to help us to keep the grounds in check and other maintenance tasks.
The Redwater Creek Steam and Heritage Society may be able to provide you with work that will help you meet Centrelink requirements. Get in touch with us for more information.
Note that the following list is NOT exhaustive – if you have a skill you think we could use, and it is not covered here – use the Contact form below to get in touch with Jill our volunteer co-ordinator.
AT THE STATION:
- Station master
- cleaning in and around the station
- Guard on train- Punch tickets, ensure passenger safety, talk to passengers
- Assisting in the coffee shop or the kitchen
- Selling railway tickets and souvenirs
- Lawn mowing and garden maintenance around the station area
- Locomotive & Railway Carriage cleaning & painting
AROUND THE SITE:
- Weed slashing around site and along railway track
- Weed spraying on railway track, internal roads, around fences & buildings
- Railway Track gravelling, packing & sleeper changing
- Locomotive wood cutting and stacking
- FIRST AID
- Help to set up and pack up Steamfest
- Rubbish collection during Steamfest
- SteamFest parking attendants and gate-keepers
- Be a “gopher: big need for this
- Ticket sellers and coffee shop helpers
- Souvenir sales in the big Shed
- And that’s not all folks!