Like all heritage and tourist railway operations, the Redwater Creek Steam and Heritage Society is totally dependent on the marvellous contribution of volunteers. From the planning committee to the gardeners & grant writers; from station masters & train drivers to ticket sellers, gatekeepers & restorers & maintainers of equipment or parking attendants, EVERYTHING relies on volunteers!
Volunteers are always needed when the train runs on the first full weekend of each month, during the special January running and , of course, at SteamFest. But we also need people during the year to help us to keep the grounds in check and other maintenance tasks.
The Redwater Creek Steam and Heritage Society may be able to provide you with work that will help you meet Centrelink requirements. Get in touch with us for more information.
AT THE STATION:
- Station master
- cleaning in and around the station
- Guard on train- Punch tickets, ensure passenger safety, talk to passengers
- Assisting in the coffee shop or the kitchen
- Selling railway tickets and souvenirs
- Lawn mowing and garden maintenance around the station area
- Locomotive & Railway Carriage cleaning & painting
AROUND THE SITE:
- Weed slashing around site and along railway track
- Weed spraying on railway track, internal roads, around fences & buildings
- Railway Track gravelling, packing & sleeper changing
- Locomotive wood cutting and stacking
- FIRST AID- any ambos free?
- Help to set up and pack up Steamfest
- Rubbish collection during Steamfest
- SteamFest parking attendants and gate-keepers
- Be a “gopher: big need for this
- Ticket sellers and coffee shop helpers
- Souvenir sales in the big Shed
- And that’s not all folks!
2020 Volunteer Registration Form that you can fill online
2020 Volunteer Registration Form to print and scan.